While the lion’s share of the classes I run are on an individual one-to-one basis, I also offer a weekly drop in group class for people who want to know more about the Alexander Technique but enjoy the camaraderie of being with other students. I occasionally run introductory workshops which are longer and can explore more in one session
Weekly Group Drop In Class
The group classes are a mixture of discussion and activities. The classes are practical and informative, but fun and relaxed too.
Over time, we explore aspects including:
- How to improve posture – what is good posture?
- Seeing ourselves as a whole – mind and body
- Our heavy heads and why it’s important to have them balanced more easily
- How we can move and breathe with less effort
- Bending, sitting, walking
- Thinking about what we’re getting up to with our bodies in everyday activities
I keep to the basic principles each week for those who come on an occasional basis but will develop them for regular attendees.
Group classes are different from one-to-one lessons as they can be more discussion and games based.
For a fully tailored approach, please also see my one-to-one lessons.